- Read the section on bones, pages 8-10. In the document it’s the very end of 249 -251.
- Draw the tibia and fibula on your body picture. Use the same side as where you drew the muscles.
- Draw the radius and ulna on your body picture. Use the same side as where you drew the muscles.
- Do you know what your funny bone is? Can you figure out why they call it that? Look at the arm drawing again.
- Read about the Skeletal System.
- Answer the review questions
- Watch this movie about the skeletal system.
- Take the quiz.
- Take a look at this skeleton.
- Put together a skeleton. (alternate skeleton if that gives you trouble)
- Take the tour of the skeletal system by clicking on English and then Skeleton and then Bones Narrated.
- Then click on Build a Skeleton.
- Read about bone marrow. Tell someone what bone marrow is.
- Watch this video on joints. Then take the quiz.
- Do the “Hollow Strength” activity. It’s number 2.
- Look inside a bone. Bones, the hard white stuff you see in x-rays are hollow, but there is stuff inside the hollow part. The inside is soft like a sponge.
- Watch this video on bone structure. Then take the quiz.
- Look at this skeleton.
- *Print and label this skeleton.
- Print the last two pages. Complete the matching and the multiple choice.
- After you are finished, check your answers on page 4. (answers: The page three, multiple choice section, has a mistake in the answers. #2 should be B, inside your body.)